Massage therapy has been shown to be an effective way to reduce stress and promote relaxation. In times of high stress, such as during a pandemic, massage can be a vital tool for helping people recover and stay healthy. In this blog post, we will discuss the benefits of massage for recovering from COVID-19 and provide some tips for how to get the most out of your massage sessions.
There are many benefits to massage therapy, but some of the most important for recovering from COVID-19 include:
- Reducing stress and anxiety: Massage has been shown to reduce levels of the stress hormone cortisol. This can help to promote relaxation and ease anxiety.
- Improving sleep: Massage can help to improve sleep quality by promoting relaxation and reducing stress levels.
- Boosting immunity: Massage has been shown to boost immunity by increasing levels of white blood cells. This can help your body fight off infection and speed up recovery.
Here are some tips for getting the most out of massage therapy for recovering from COVID-19:
- Schedule regular sessions: To get the most benefit from massage, it is important to schedule regular sessions. This will help to reduce stress levels and promote relaxation.
- Find a qualified therapist: Make sure to find a qualified massage therapist who has experience working with people recovering from COVID-19. Therapists at That’s the Rub Massage Therapy Center have been on the frontlines of the pandemic and massage since the beginning, constantly updating our practices and procedures based on current research and techniques.
- Communicate with your therapist: Be sure to communicate with your massage therapist about your goals for the session. This will help them tailor the massage to meet your needs.
We hope that these tips have been helpful in understanding how massage can help you recover from the stress of COVID-19. If you have any questions or want to schedule your next treatment, please contact us at 812-333-3393 or online 24/7 at www.thatstherub.com (or by clicking here, of course). We are here to help you on your journey to recovery!